Anna Schimkat

Anna Schimkat
RONDO

Opening Reception:
Saturday, January 17, 2015, 6-9pm
(The artist is present)

Finissage & Sound-Performance by Anna Schimkat:
Saturday, February 7, 2015, 7-9pm
(Sound-Performance at 8pm)





Artist Statement:
In my artistic work, scientific research is the processual basis for the formulation of the idea. In each respective context, I am interested in the processes, causes and rules of natural, social and cultural realities. I make an assertion, observe and examine it. One main focus is my pre-occupation with the experience and sensation of space. Another important focus is sound in the context of space and its converse, space in the context of sound. With the help of abstraction, I achieve the reduction of conceptual preparatory work and arrive at a generally understandable statement. This creates site-specific, accessible and physically sensual rooms and sound installations that interact with their respective contexts and influence the materials chosen for my installations. The idea qualifies the aesthetics of the work.